for more information please send
an email to email@example.com
Buildings are responsible for 40% of energy consumption and 36% of EU CO2 emissions. Energy performance of buildings is the key to achieve the EU Climate & Energy objectives, namely the reduction of a 20% of the Greenhouse gases emissions and 20% energy savings by 2020 as mentioned by the 2010/31/EU Directive on Energy Performance of the Buildings. Also as of 31st of December 2020 the new buildings in the EU must consume “nearly zero” energy, which will need to be obtained “to a very large extent” from renewable sources.
Together with our local and international partners we have entered a process of research for renewable energy sources, comprising of their identification at both local and national level and the optimization of their implementation as a reliable and cost effective alternative to the traditional energy sources, in accordance with the European Directives requirements. To this extent, we have prepared and coordinated studies for wind and solar farms and cogeneration projects.
We are also now able to evaluate buildings against BREEAM and LEED system.
BREEAM (BRE Environmental Assessment Method) is an internationally recognized green building certification system, providing third-party verification that a building or community was designed and built using strategies aimed at improving performance across all the metrics that matter most: energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
Since 2008, some of our team members have entered a training process to become BREEAM assessors.
By the end of 2012, Aquarius Group was proud to have achieved the first green certification in Romania of an office building according to the BREEAM International 2009 scheme. By the mid of 2013, Aquarius Group had a potential of 3 projects ready to be registered and assessed based on the methodology, cumulating to more than 165.000 sqm of improved energy performance and reduced environmental impact office buildings.
Fully aware of the EU directive requirements, we have registered in 2010 our own premises as the first BREEAM In-Use registered building in Romania in order to reduce our own energy consumption, improve our built environment, promote health and comfort and to raise the awareness of our team members regarding the environmental impact of our daily actions.
BREEAM is a registered trademark of BRE (the Building Research Establishment Ltd. Community Trade Mark E5778551). The BREEAM marks, logos and symbols are the Copyright of BRE and are reproduced by permission.
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is an internationally recognized green building certification system, providing third-party verification that a building or community was designed and built using strategies aimed at improving performance across all the metrics that matter most: energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts. Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), LEED provides building owners and operators a concise framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
In 2013, Aquarius Group is involved with the registration and assessment based on the LEED methodology of 3 major projects amounting to more than 150.000sqm of improved energy performance and reduced environmental impact office buildings.
We are committed to promote the sustainability principles in order to create a sustainable company for long term and to advise and support our partners to do the same
“Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”, UNEP, Gro Harlem Brundtland Report 1987
At Aquarius Group we translate this by helping our Client to achieve the economic success while minimising the social impacts and the potential environmental damage related to the construction industry.
Thus, building sustainably is not only a matter of competitiveness for Aquarius Group but also a matter of respecting the values of the surrounding environment that we are all sharing.
The customers we do business with, and the communities and environment we do operate in, are increasingly affected by sustainability issues such as climate change and energy conservation. We are dedicated to establishing a corporate culture of sustainable development to help ensure that Aquarius Group can conduct business to contribute to this global initiative.
We are committed to creating a sustainable company for the long term and advising our Clients of sustainability factors which will improve their products and market opportunities.
We believe a strong commitment to sustainability is compatible with our ability to make our financial goals. Our sustainability practices will help improve our competitiveness and our long-term financial results.
We support and encourage collaboration and partnership on sustainability initiatives in the communities where we are present.
- Reduce office space through office consolidation and adequate space planning and provide technology options for alternate work arrangements, such as telecommuting.
- Consider proximity to mass transportation in order to minimize the commuting resources consumed for the employees whenever new work sites are established.
- Strive to achieve a standard equivalent to BREEAM IN USE, within standard budget and facility requirements.
- Install energy savings devices such as programmable heating equipments, lighting auto shut-off switches or motion detectors.
- Turn off all feasible electronics at end of day and during non-use times.
- Avoid physically traveling to meetings where alternatives are available and practical. Focus on using teleconferencing or video conferencing,
- Choose hotels and event facilities that emphasize sustainable practices such as recycling programs and water conservation.
- Encourage all employees take account of sustainability issues in their workplace and activities through training and communication.
- Provide recycling facilities for office consumables (including ink cartridges, aluminum, glass, waste paper and plastic).
- Encourage proper recycling at end-of-life for all handheld devices and peripherals along with their batteries and power supplies.
- Transition communications and business forms to electronic and paperless processes, and provide web-based tools to reduce paper consumption.
- Where printing is necessary, documents will be printed two sided, using recycled content paper.
We empower our business units to support or participate in community projects or initiatives that align with our sustainability policy and support their business objectives. We do not subscribe to carbon offset projects as we would rather reduce our consumption than compensate for current levels of energy usage.
- application of BREEAM programs
- importance of sustainable building and the related environmental: more energy efficient and less polluting buildings
- social effect: improved health and well being of building occupants, increase motivation
- economical advantages: increase in productiveness and staff efficiency, higher sale prices and rents.
- client benefits obtained through energy efficient sustainable building.
Health and Safety
It is our commitment to creating and maintaining a positive Health and Safety culture which secures the commitment and participation of all the employees and adopting a planned and systematic approach to the implementation of our H&S policy.
The protection of personal health and safety ranks at the highest level of importance to Aquarius Group.
We operate in a responsible manner and aligned with our stated H&S business goals and policy.
Aquarius Group empowers and supports the employees in their ongoing efforts to prevent accidents of all kinds and to promote a safe environment wherever they go.
We use comprehensive management systems to demonstrate our commitment to health and safety and to the principles of our H&S Policy, bringing value to our employees, customers and the community.
Aquarius Group actively and visibly manages H&S risk and performance elements in our operations. We meet or exceed statutory requirements in fact and in spirit.
Aquarius Group employees are engaged, supported and accountable in their roles in order to meet H&S objectives and to encourage health and environmental protection at work. Aquarius Group encourages the employees to extend H&S awareness to their activities away from work.
In all aspects, Aquarius Group is driven by its core values of safe working and good corporate citizenry.